Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tasty Spicy Turkey Penne with Basil and Tomato Sauce

Hi ladies, here is my first recipe for you all :) This is what I made for dinner this evening.

Recipe:
1 jar Basil Tomato Sauce (I used Prego)
1 box whole grain penne pasta
1 lb Extra Lean ground turkey
Onion powder, garlic, crushed red pepper flake (all to taste)
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar (OPTIONAL)

Boil your whole grain penne as the package instructions say to. Brown up the ground turkey in a skillet, drain the very small amount of fat that will come out of it, pour the jar of sauce on the turkey and add your spices to taste. I usually make my own sauce but I find this is the only jarred sauce that I like. The crushed red pepper adds a little kick to it and I really like to add red wine vinegar to all of my tomato sauces. Those of you brave enough to do that will have to let me know how you like it :) Then I just pour the sauce over the drained noodles, mix, and VOILA!

If anyone tries this please tell me what you think in the comments! Show me pictures if you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment