Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Introducing: Pucciola

Thought I would introduce the girl behind the blog.


My name is Natasha, I am 23 years old. I recently graduated from Michigan State University with a degree in History and German. I am currently in my 1st semester of Graduate School, where I am studying to get my Masters in Library and Information Science. I don't want to be a librarian when I grow up, per-say, but the degree will be nice for looking for a job. What I DO want to do, is I want to be an Archivist. An Archivist is a person who works in an archive, we scan pictures and documents, photograph artifacts, transcribe documents, etc, and make it available online so that people who are doing research of the subject, they can find all our documents and go through them without actually having to hold the document itself.

I also work at a library at the moment as a Media Intern. I handle all the DVDs (also a few VHSs), CDs, Audio Books, video games, CD ROMs and cassette tapes.

I have a dog named Indie 
and 2 rabbits, Pucci and Viola.
 
I also have PCOS, or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I was diagnosed with it at 20 years old, as well as pre-diabetes. I currently take Metformin to sensitize my cells to insulin, Spironolactone to keep my hair from falling out, and birth control to control my periods and pain during menstruation. I started this blog because I am trying to live a healthier lifestyle so that I can lose anywhere from 50-80 lbs. I don't have a time-frame that I would like to lose it by, but the cruise I am going on in December sure is a good motivator! 

My plan is to #1 eat healthier. Try to eat less carbs and more whole fruits and veggies. #2 exercise. I joined a gym yesterday and am a little nervous about starting here but I will update on it as I go! #3 to break up my metformin and take 500mg with each meal and 1 snack. This has proven to be really hard for me because I usually don't eat 3 meals a day. I wind up starving and pigging out during the 2 meals I manage to eat, and that's not something I want to do anymore.  

I hope that all of you can find this blog inspiring and I hope that you take your health seriously and be your own advocate. Your doctor isn't typically going to lie awake at night wondering how you are feeling, or if there is anything that he/she can POSSIBLY do for you. Nor is he/she going to do anymore PCOS research unless you bring something to his/her awareness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment